Making content management system for a OSS risk security assessment app.
We will present content contribution system Octo, written in Go, which emphasises three principles:
- transparency of the contributions
- traceability of changes
- authentication included
- multiple modes of collaboration
- extensible (share data with other platforms)
- i18n (export/import to and from translation services)
- automatic propagation via post hooks
We made this for the OSS project Umbrella where this serves as a primary data store, but the intention and we hope the architecture was done in a way that allows it to be used for other projects. We also have feed checking and plan sharing system which are also in Go and we would like to show how we are trying to achieve minimal traceability while still showing ability to share betweeen clients. The project requires a distinct mixture of Open Source and Security approach and is a likely target of incursions since compromising it could give a large amount of data to attackers.